Rugby ATL starts search for Match Day Announcer.
Atlanta, Ga. Be part of history, and join Rugby ATL as a Match Day Announcer during our 2020 Major League Rugby inaugural season!
The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive rugby knowledge, be energetic, be able to enunciate clearly, and preferably hold prior announcing experience.
- Must live in the Atlanta area
- Must be able to attend every home match (see rugbyatl.rugby/schedule for home games) and be at the field from 12pm to 5.30pm
- Must be able to sit in on a 1 hour briefing call prior to each home match
- Must be able to attend the Exhibition Match against NOLA on Sunday, January 12, 2020 from 12pm to 6pm
- Understanding of Rugby Laws of the game with an emphasis on translating the Referee’s decision into a practical understating by the crowd
- Knowledge of the Roster and ability to bring names and background into the commentary …where appropriate
- Ability to hit key messages provided in match script including recognition of key attendees, sponsors and cross-sell of commercial and experience opportunities available at the match.
To declare your interest in this position, please email Alexis Svenson at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your contact information (name, email, phone number). Resume/CV optional.
ALL STATEMENTS OF INTEREST MUST BE SENT IN BY JANUARY 06, 2020!
Once we receive your statement of interest, we will send you a video clip from a prior rugby match and have you record yourself announcing the match as if it were live. The top 3 candidates will be notified and asked to attend the Exhibition Match against NOLA on January 12, 2020 and take turns announcing the match live. The official match announcer for Rugby ATL will be selected shortly after the match.
- January 06, 2020
- Deadline to declare your interest in the position (must send to Alexis Svenson at email@example.com)
- January 07, 2020
- Match clip sent to applicants to record themselves announcing
- January 08, 2020
- Deadline for applicants to send in their recording in order to be considered for the position
- January 10, 2020
- Applicants will be notified of their status, and if they made it to the final round
- Jan 11, 2020
- 1 hour briefing call to prepare for Jan 12
- January 12, 2020
- Top 3 applicants will each announce a portion of the Exhibition Match Live
- January 14, 2020
- Match Announcer for the 2020 Rugby ATL season will be selected
We look forward to hearing from prospective applicants, and are eager to grow rugby in Atlanta!
Atlanta, Ga (Jan 27th, 2020). Rugby ATL are back in Atlanta after
Atlanta, Ga. Rugby ATL, Atlanta Youth Rugby and Atlanta Public Schools are
Atlanta, Ga (January 20, 2020). Rugby ATL is delighted to advise that
Atlanta, Ga (Jan 21st). Rugby ATL closed out it's pre-season tour to
Atlanta, GA. Rugby ATL edged NOLA Gold 34-33 in an exciting exhibition